Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 3:39 pm

Ghostbusters: The Video Game

Bringt Atari das Actionspiel raus?

Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! 152x
In der verworrenen Geschichte rund um das Actionspiel Ghostbusters: The Video Game wird jetzt wohl ein neues Kapitel aufgeschlagen. Nachdem der Titel aus dem Hause Terminal Reality nicht den Weg in das Portfolio von Activision Blizzard fand, schien zunächst das Schicksal des Spiel besiegelt zu sein.
Kurze Zeit später meldete sich jedoch Sierra zu Wort und erklärte offiziell, dass die Entwicklung keineswegs eingestellt wurde. Die Rechte an dem Spiel liegen weiterhin bei Sony Picturs, doch bisher wurde allem Anschein nach kein neuer Publisher gefunden. Oder etwa doch?

Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! 152x
Die Gerüchteküche geriet vor kurzem wieder kräftig ins Brodeln, als der bekannte Schauspieler Dan Aykroyd in einem Radiointerview erklärt hat, dass Ghostbusters: The Video Game über den Publisher Atari auf den Markt kommen werde.
Letzterer hat sich zwar mittlerweile zu Wort gemeldet, wollte jedoch weder einen entsprechenden Deal bestätigen, noch einen anderen Kommentar zum Thema abgeben. Ist das die Ruhe vor dem Sturm oder hat sich Herr Aykroyd ganz einfach vertan?

Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Sig4
Back to top Go down
https://ghostbustersgame.forumieren.com
dr_ray_stanz

dr_ray_stanz

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: help us!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 4:02 pm

I think there is still much confusion ... of rumors there are too many ... maybe ... I know how latest news that the game will be produced by EA ..... but of course nothing is certain ... although the latter seems more official ...
soon there will be the Eurogamer Expo (28-29/10/2008) .. I hope that at least this time someone says something!
Back to top Go down
dr_ray_stanz

dr_ray_stanz

Male Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-10-06

PostSubject: and now...   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Perhaps something is moving ... it seems our Dan has confirmed that Atari will publish the game ... is already much! At this point we have to wait until the release date ... Dan said that will be released in a year's exactly ... but I refuse to believe that almost finished a game they do go out in October of 2009 !!!!!! we hope for early next year ....
Back to top Go down
Scott Sommer

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-14

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:15 pm

dr_ray_stanz wrote:
Perhaps something is moving ... it seems our Dan has confirmed that Atari will publish the game ... is already much! At this point we have to wait until the release date ... Dan said that will be released in a year's exactly ... but I refuse to believe that almost finished a game they do go out in October of 2009 !!!!!! we hope for early next year ....

He didn't say "exact years time." He said "a year away."

Now this could mean anything. It could just means "It is coming out in 2009." I could say "The game is coming out next year" and it would still mean the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Dennis

Male Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:37 pm

He said "About a year", which, given the fact that the game is pretty much finished, probably means that it will come out sometime at the begining of 2009, maybe before summer...at least I hope thats what it means!
Back to top Go down
Don't Cross The Streams

Don't Cross The Streams

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 12:21 am

I have to agree that anywhere from the beginning of this coming year to to middle of it seems about right. I mean the game from what has been released looks pretty polished and considdering how close to release date it was before getting put into Game Limbo all points to a Release that is sooner than later. The only thing that could hold it back is getting all the Publisher rights wrapped up (all about money, who gets payed and what percentage).
Back to top Go down
nosferatusbutt

nosferatusbutt

Male Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 4:08 am

Does anyone remember the game on commador 64 Question Old school Razz
Back to top Go down
GBFAN79

GBFAN79

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Ghostbusters and Atari?   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 5:44 am

Yeah I am wondering the same thing as everyone else I have been waiting so long to play this game just sucks we have to keep waiting longer for a game that is pretty much done in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 10:05 am

Variety has confirmed that Infact Atari has purchased the publishing rights for GBTVG, and that it will be released to coincide with the 25th Anniversary(June 8, 2009) cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Don't Cross The Streams

Don't Cross The Streams

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:57 pm

Dennis wrote:
Variety has confirmed that Infact Atari has purchased the publishing rights for GBTVG, and that it will be released to coincide with the 25th Anniversary(June 8, 2009) cheers cheers cheers cheers

Well I have not read the article yet but if it is true then I can understand wanting it to councide with the anniversary, though I dont agree with the decision. I mean I dont think they should have a nearly completed game in hand and then procede to sit on those hands for half a year just so the game can line up with an anniversary. I personally think a better move would be to release it as soon as possable, see how it sells and if it sells well start thinking about a sequel that could then in turn be out in 1 - 2 years that would then tie in to Ghostbusters 3 if it is out by then.
Back to top Go down
nosferatusbutt

nosferatusbutt

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 1:43 am

Good point, but mabey there touching things up a littel to make the game even better then it is(hard to believe). It is still a wait, but we all know that this time will fly by.
Who knows? They could be adding some littel extras about the third movie into the story. That would be the shit Surprised
Back to top Go down
GBFAN79

GBFAN79

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 2:16 am

Hey you know what? The way i see think lets all be glad this baby finally has a new home that we all know wont sit there and ditch this again like actibastards. I am so happy we finally have an official source now.
Back to top Go down
Don't Cross The Streams

Don't Cross The Streams

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 5:40 am

Oh dont get me wrong, I am glad to see a release date. I just hope it is so far away for a good reason, not just to tie it in with the anniversary. I doubt that they are adding parts from the third movie (which is still in early script phase) to the game. The only reason is that from the info already given the game takes place a year or two after the second movie and from what little has been said about the Third Movie it takes place much later than that. I mean they could put it in the game as a extra level but it would be so disjoined from the main plot that it would have that Tacked-On feel.
Back to top Go down
nosferatusbutt

nosferatusbutt

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 7:38 am

Touche! Cool
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 9:10 am

I seriously doubt that they will add anything else to the game, because whatever was a part of the original plan/agreement(content wise) is most likely the same, remember, Terminal Reality is the developer, it's up to them whether or not there will be anymore additions, but IMHO, whats done is done, and now that they have Atari to publish, they will concentrate on other projects...and possibly, more GB games. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nosferatusbutt

nosferatusbutt

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2008 12:19 pm

With all said and done, i just cait wait to see that game on my 360. Like a midget at a urinal i am on my toes. lol!
Back to top Go down
GBFAN79

GBFAN79

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:12 pm

Its so weird I don't understand why some people post's that I read say that this isn't an official word. I mean come on now if we all remember in the past when variety were the firsts ones to let us know about activision in the first place we all didnt want to believe it. Trust me I didn't want to believe the delay either however having them now say that Atari got the game all the agreement information that was posted in the article im going to deff chalk this one up as official word.
Back to top Go down
nosferatusbutt

nosferatusbutt

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:09 pm

I think it is just so many release dates and and then let downs it is hard to keep up the hope. Neutral But i am with you on this one. V mag is a good enough sorce for me. My slime is stuck with that info. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Don't Cross The Streams

Don't Cross The Streams

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 12:45 am

Yea now that I read the article I to am with ya on this one and yea its good to finally have a release date that barring any unforetold problem is solid.
Back to top Go down
ID10T

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 2:53 am

Newcomer here (1st post), hope I'm not imposing.

So am I correct in my understanding that Atari did in fact pick up the game, and they plan to release at about June?

If so, well... it could be worse. We could be waiting till holiday season of 09 and it could have been picked up by a worse publisher.

Also, maybe TR may take some of the time to do thorough testing to eradicate any bugs instead of wait till post release and let the early adopters be unknowing beta testers, which is becoming painfully common.

Obviously, I'm talking of the PC version, which come to think of it, I don't see much info on that version of the game.

Anyone know if the PC version is still a go?
Back to top Go down
nosferatusbutt

nosferatusbutt

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 4:58 am

Welcome to the fourm geek . Well i havent heard or seen any info about a PC version of GB. Sorry Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:20 am

ID10T wrote:
Newcomer here (1st post), hope I'm not imposing.

So am I correct in my understanding that Atari did in fact pick up the game, and they plan to release at about June?

If so, well... it could be worse. We could be waiting till holiday season of 09 and it could have been picked up by a worse publisher.

Also, maybe TR may take some of the time to do thorough testing to eradicate any bugs instead of wait till post release and let the early adopters be unknowing beta testers, which is becoming painfully common.

Obviously, I'm talking of the PC version, which come to think of it, I don't see much info on that version of the game.

Anyone know if the PC version is still a go?
The PC version(if released), will be the same as the PS3, and the XB360 versions. Oh, to answer your first question, As far as we all know, Atari is the publisher, but they haven't made any "Official Announcement", so right now, all we have to fall back on is Dan Aykroyd's word...but check back often, cause as soon as something comes up, you will see it here.
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2008 8:27 am

I was just on Infogrames's corporate website, and they are infact going to publish Riddick(Spring 2009), but no mention of GB:TVG. Sad
Back to top Go down
nosferatusbutt

nosferatusbutt

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 9:16 am

Well it looks like you get you PC GB after all. Smile
Back to top Go down
ALX

ALX

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 5:43 pm

I too am getting the PC version. I have a PS2 and I was debating on wether to get the PS2 or PC versoins. I looked around and noticed that the PS2 & WII versoins are created for children. A cartoonish style game that really seems to lack the feel of a true GB game. Also, the PC versoin will have online play and other downloadable goodies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!   Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters Game ATARI ???!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ghostbusters The Videogame :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: