HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Master Replicas GB announcement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DaveFrehley

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Master Replicas GB announcement Empty
PostSubject: Master Replicas GB announcement   Master Replicas GB announcement Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 6:57 am

Greetings all! I am glad to once again be amongst fellow GB fans on these new forums as we wait for the new official forums to be opened. I hear that Dan Aykroyd mentioned Atari as the publisher. Perhaps his divulging of that information will push the guys at Atari to make an announcement sooner.... we can only hope.

In any case, I received this email on my phone earlier and i thought i'd share it with you. It is from Master Replicas. I'm not sure if you are all familiar with them, but they specialize in creating high-quality prop replicas and collectible pieces from various movies, TV shows, and even video games. Some of their licenses include Star Trek, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Halo 3, Pirates of the Caribbean, and a bit more. They've created things such as Star Trek Phaser props, Star Wars lightsaber props, Halo 3 mini prop replicas and much more.

Anyway, getting to the point of this thread.... I received this email from Master Replicas that talks about how they are going to produce some Ghostbusters props for the 25th anniversary of the movie. Pretty interesting stuff! They don't show any pictures or go into any detail, but they DO say that there is going to be more information as well as pictures posted on Halloween. (October 31st for those who are not familiar with the holiday.)

Have a look below for the link to the article. Check back on Halloween to get an update on what items they are planning on producing. They make some quality stuff so I'm sure that whatever they create will be fantastic. I have 2 of their Force FX lightsabers and they are awesome! i've also seen their halo 3 mini props and they are very details for such small props. I have no doubt that whatever MR puts out will be top quality stuff.

http://masterreplicas.com/customer/community/news/detail.php?id=166
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Dennis

Male Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: Master Replicas GB announcement   Master Replicas GB announcement Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 9:24 am

I just hope that, if they do make 1:1 scale proton packs with lights/sounds, they don't cost a ridiculously large amount of money, but they probably will considering that they will also be "Limited Editions" Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: Master Replicas GB announcement   Master Replicas GB announcement Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 10:17 am

oh yes. Rolling Eyes
a proton pack with light and sound. cooooooooool Very Happy

I wanted to build a proton pack for me but i need too much of time for this.
because i dont find all these cables and parts here in germany. Crying or Very sad

what do you think, how much is a proton pack of masterreplicas ?

Master Replicas GB announcement Sig4
Back to top Go down
https://ghostbustersgame.forumieren.com
Dennis

Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Master Replicas GB announcement   Master Replicas GB announcement Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 11:08 am

I don't know yet, but I sent them an e-mail to find out, hopefully they will respond and let me know, the only bad thing is, if they're going to be made as a "limited run", they will probably be really expensive!
Admin wrote:
oh yes. Rolling Eyes
a proton pack with light and sound. cooooooooool Very Happy

I wanted to build a proton pack for me but i need too much of time for this.
because i dont find all these cables and parts here in germany. Crying or Very sad

what do you think, how much is a proton pack of masterreplicas ?
Back to top Go down
Don't Cross The Streams

Don't Cross The Streams

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Master Replicas GB announcement   Master Replicas GB announcement Icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2008 1:07 pm

I'd assume the run of the mill ghostbuster equipment will be available, such as the PKE Meter, Ghost Trap and Scale models of Slimer, Stay Puft, Zuul etc. Though I am not sure if they will do a full blown Proton Pack by virtue of the fact that because of its size and parts would make the price very high (though I dont count it completely out of the question, maybe a very Limited Edition). No I am hoping they will give us fans what we have wanted ever since Ghostbusters II... a Dancing Toaster (Don't forget the warning label).
Back to top Go down
nosferatusbutt

nosferatusbutt

Male Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Master Replicas GB announcement   Master Replicas GB announcement Icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2008 12:11 am

I would like to see nice rep of the P.K.E meter. Always wanted one.
Did you guys ever see John Carpenter's(fav director)They Live? At the end of the movie the bad alien dudes are using the same P.K.E meter prop. Trip! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Dennis

PostSubject: Re: Master Replicas GB announcement   Master Replicas GB announcement Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 8:47 am

You just might get your wish. Master Replicas announced yesterday that they are in fact, going to produce 1:1(Full Scale) ghost traps and proton packs, complete with lights and sounds. They also said there will be some other stuff as well, here is what they posted on their website.

Ghostbusters Product Line Announcement
Happy Halloween!

-Ghost Trap Limited Edition 1:1 scale with lights, sounds and other features. ETA: Spring 2009

-Proton Pack Limited Edition 1:1 scale with lights, sounds and other features. ETA: Fall 2009

Other products will be announced shortly. This is only the beginning!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
nosferatusbutt

nosferatusbutt

Male Number of posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Master Replicas GB announcement   Master Replicas GB announcement Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Once agian some great news. Thanks! Well, i was going to start saving for a bigger plasma. No way i am going to pass this up. I think it is every GB fans dream to own a Proton Pack. I know there are some fans who build there own with blue prints they get online. My ass is to lazy. Charge it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Don't Cross The Streams

Don't Cross The Streams

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Master Replicas GB announcement   Master Replicas GB announcement Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 11:31 pm

well thats is great to hear... now I just have to see how much they are gonna offer the proton pack for. If it aint too much I am definately gonna pick it up.

Edit: though I am let down about no news on a Dancing Toaster. A 1:1 replica of a Twinkie would be good too.

"Let's say this Twinkie represents the normal amount of psychokinetic energy in the New York area. According to this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie 35 feet long, weighing approximately 600 pounds."
Back to top Go down
ALX

ALX

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Master Replicas GB announcement   Master Replicas GB announcement Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:04 pm

*cough* *cough* Thats a big twinkie. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Master Replicas GB announcement   Master Replicas GB announcement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Master Replicas GB announcement
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ghostbusters The Videogame :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: