Ghostbusters The Videogame
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
raitchison

Male Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Empty
PostSubject: Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)   Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:08 pm

So when the Ghostbusters game was first announced I was cautiously optimistic about it. One one had this is a great franchise that could easily be adopted to video games. On the other of course is the reality that most video games based on movies are mediocre at best.

The screen shots canme out in 2007 and indeed looked good, getting more fopeful.

Then it was announced in April of this year that there would be no co-op campaign mode in the game, which is surprising to say the least in this day and age where a rich co-op experience is getting more common (even Call of Duty is doing it now).

Am I dreaming to hope that due to the the delay they have time to back and put in co-op campaign?
Back to top Go down
http://robert.aitchison.org
nosferatusbutt

nosferatusbutt

Male Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)   Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:51 pm

Anything is could happen at this point. They might just be putting co-op in right now as i write this. Having this extra 7 months could help or harm the GB game. Although i doubt they will f@ck anything up..........Please Shocked
Back to top Go down
ALX

ALX

Male Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)   Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 5:25 pm

The developers really only have about 4-5 months to improve the game. The last 2-3 months will be used to pound out the money details and martketing stuff. Co-op would be a nice addition to the game. I hope during these extra development months, that they add enough to this game to improve the re-play value. Nothing worse than beating a new game and then theirs nothin. Online play appears to be the only thing to do after beating this game, other than playing the whole game over agin. Maybe after you complete the game, you can go to the firehouse and pick a particular level to re-play. Or play mini games, like the clean the traps game at the GBtvg web site.
Back to top Go down
nosferatusbutt

nosferatusbutt

PostSubject: Re: Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)   Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 1:38 am

I like the mini game idea. Kinda like what they did in Mortal Kombat Deception. If they do i hope it has to deal with the Ecto-1. "Must drive Ecto-1"! Shocked
Back to top Go down
ALX

ALX

PostSubject: Re: Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)   Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 4:47 pm

I FULLY agree with that option. We MUST be able to drive or do somthin with that Ecto-1. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
ALX

ALX

PostSubject: Re: Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)   Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 4:47 pm

I FULLY agree with that option. We MUST be able to drive or do somthin with that Ecto-1. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Dennis

Male Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)   Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2008 12:53 pm

The only version that will allow you to drive the Ecto-1, will be for the DS. I actually like the idea of not having to drive in this game, because to me it's like 007 Agent Under Fire(PS2), I hated that game because of how, in one level, your on foot, and the next your driving, and then your back on foot...and then, well I'm sure you get the picture. Bottom Line, IMHO, switching back and fourth between driving and walking can make a game a bit...tiresome, but, like I said, that's just me.
Back to top Go down
nosferatusbutt

nosferatusbutt

PostSubject: Re: Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)   Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 1:30 am

Well if your playing the game like, shit i would get bored to. But still driving the Ecto-1 a least once chasing down a spook with Peter on the roof blasting away would rule. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Don't Cross The Streams

Don't Cross The Streams

Male Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)   Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 12:43 am

If anything I wish they would add with the extra time is an unlockable level only unlocked when all the other levels are completed. it would be the Slimer level with the player playing as Slimer. the Object would be to scare as many hotel guests before getting trapped by the ghostbusters. it would revolve around life points, scaring/sliming hotel guests gets you some life points, sliming a ghostbuster gets you even more life points, getting caught in a proton pack beam drains life points and when your points get real low you can be trapped.

Though theres not near enough time for them to do it, again its another thing I hope they will do if they ever decide to do a sequel
Back to top Go down
Dennis

Dennis

Male Number of posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)   Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2008 10:50 pm

Don't Cross The Streams wrote:
If anything I wish they would add with the extra time is an unlockable level only unlocked when all the other levels are completed. it would be the Slimer level with the player playing as Slimer. the Object would be to scare as many hotel guests before getting trapped by the ghostbusters. it would revolve around life points, scaring/sliming hotel guests gets you some life points, sliming a ghostbuster gets you even more life points, getting caught in a proton pack beam drains life points and when your points get real low you can be trapped.

Though theres not near enough time for them to do it, again its another thing I hope they will do if they ever decide to do a sequel
I don't know about the whole Slimer thing. but the guys from TR did say that all this time since being dropped and then being picked up by Atari, they've spent adding stuff like new cinematics, puzzles, and cleaner character likenesses, so there is no reason this gmae shouldn't be AWSOME!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)   Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will the delays allow them to improve the game (looking for co-op campaign)
Page 1 of 1